Saturday, February 23, 2013

On Wednesday I went to my internship. I learned how to run a dll file in order to analyze it with malware and I also learned some beginning python programming. In order to run a dll you need to go to the command line (cmd) and go to the C directory type in rundll32.exe dllname, Exportname then press enter. Then do dynamic analysis on the dll.


In python I learned how to write print to the screen in python. I also learned the for loop "for i in range x" which prints the variables in the string x vertically. I also learned how to shift the letters in the string, which is the start of learning how to encrypt a message. I then began trying ( but did not finish) trying to encrypt a message that can be unencrypted.

Below are some pictures of my python code and what occurs when you run the program:



1 comment:

  1. Good blog post, Lauren. As before, your use of terminology and concepts seems advanced and is quite impressive.

    As you did on a different post, please add captions to your images. This makes them even more useful to your readers.

    ReplyDelete