Monday, November 12, 2012

I went to my internship last week on Wednesday. It was great! My mentor Jeremy and I talked about a lot of different projects and areas of computer security. I decided that I want to create a "virus" that copies itself onto other computers.(It will not be used on computers connected to the Internet). I can't wait to start. While I was at my internship I started learning how to program. I learned how to make a box with text pop up on the screen and list the numbers from 1-100. I also made a text box that asked for a pin number and could tell whether it was correct or not. We went through various ways that people protect their programs from hackers, by hacking into the program I created. I learned the various ways for finding information such as strings and gdb. I've learned so much in just three hours. I can't wait to go back!

6 comments:

  1. Lauren, your excitement is obvious, and wonderful! You do seem to have accomplished much, and you have a terrific attitude toward your internship. I expect that this will allow you to accomplish a great deal.

    You seem to be behind in your blog. Remember to post each week, even when you cannot travel to your site.

    Also, you need to add the "recent comment" gadget to your blog, as specified by our requirements.

    Otherwise, keep up the super effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,
    I enjoyed our conversation about your internship. I am glad that you got to do the one that you told me you want to do. I can see the potential of you in building and especially breaking the programs that you created. XD You seemed to have a lot of enthusiasm when you were talking about it. In the short meeting I also understood the "graph theory" which is kind of complicated, but I got the big picture. While we are talking about the UMass trip which I did not go, your additional explanation was really helpful in understanding what you and Lauren P. did there. After all, it was fun talking with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great comment, Yvonne. It is thorough, thoughtful and interesting.

      Delete
  3. Lauren, you still need to add the "top comments" gadget to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lauren
    It was fun to talk to you during our internship meeting. I got to know what exactly you are going to do throughout this year and I was able to feel passion that you have for your internship. We got to talk a lot about UMass since we went there together. Thank you for helping me when I was talking about UMass to Yvonne. Your internship this year, programming computer security, seems very interesting to me. I got more excited when I found that your internship is kind of similar to mine, which also involves computer programming. I am looking forward to see your work!

    ReplyDelete